Spanking in classic cartoons?
Owl
2004-04-05 00:10:29 UTC
Hi,

I was watching the Cartoon Network and saw the cutest little cartoon
of a squirrel getting spanked. I'm now on the hunt to find some more
of them... Does anyone know any other cartoons like this? I think
most of them are probably pre-1960's.

These are the ones I know:
One Cab's Faimly
Now That Summer Is Gone
Red Hot Rangers (I think)

Please, please, please, help me!

Owl
Pablo
2004-04-05 00:54:49 UTC
Post by Owl
I was watching the Cartoon Network and saw the cutest
little cartoon of a squirrel getting spanked. I'm now
on the hunt to find some more of them... Does anyone know
any other cartoons like this? I think most of them are
probably pre-1960's.
One Cab's Faimly
Now That Summer Is Gone
Red Hot Rangers (I think)
Please, please, please, help me!
It's neither a classic, nor one for the squirrel fans, but
you might check out this one:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/knd/index.html

In particular, the episode called 'Operation S.P.A.N.K'.
Here's their own synopsis:

'When a stint in the slammer helps the dreaded Count
Spankulot see the wrong of his hiney-hurting ways, the
reformed 'Sultan of Sting' becomes determined to join
the KND . . . a prospect that Numbuhs One through five
have trouble getting behind.'

I chanced on it last week, and it's an absolute hoot. It's
not just a cartoon that has spanking in it; it's a cartoon
*about* spanking. Well worth looking out for.

Pab.
Y. Lee Coyote
2004-04-05 01:39:28 UTC
Post by Owl
Please, please, please, help me!
Just watch Boomerang (the younger sibling of Cartoon Network) for a
couple of hours of the older stuff like "Tom and Jerry" and you'll be
sure to see some tail whacking.

One of my favorites is when Tom and Butch (Spike or whatever he called
in this one) gets caught in the gate a la stocks/pillory and Jerry get a
plank and ....

I'll picked up a very short segment (30 sec) of Disney's "The Little
Pigs" from a spanking news group that 4.3 megs zipped. It's machine vs.
hams. <bfg>

Y.

Posted and e-mailed.

Valid return address is <***@mail.com>
(Posting address is for the spammers)
See my stories at http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/
See Goldilocks stories at http://www.geocities.com/goldilocks1938/
Y. Lee Coyote
2004-04-05 02:48:39 UTC
Post by Pablo
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/knd/index.html
In particular, the episode called 'Operation S.P.A.N.K'.
Searching a bit in the CN web site I found the schedule here:
http://schedule.cartoonnetwork.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=viewAll&showID=324754&show=Codename%3A+Kids+Next+Door&filter=kn

(yes, one long line) and that episode was on this afternoon. <sigh>

daneldorado
2004-04-05 02:44:09 UTC
Post by Owl
Hi,
I was watching the Cartoon Network and saw the cutest little cartoon
of a squirrel getting spanked. I'm now on the hunt to find some more
of them... Does anyone know any other cartoons like this? I think
most of them are probably pre-1960's.
Please, please, please, help me!
Owl
Hiya Owl... Yeah, there are certainly spankings in classic cartoons. The
only problem is that the overwhelming majority of those spankings feature
MALES on the receiving end. Somebody posted here about the Three Little
Pigs, Tom and Jerry, etc. -- all of them male characters. If you are "into"
X/M spankings, then well and good. But those of us who prefer to see ladies
on the receiving end, should look elsewhere for our entertainment.

I've seen ONLY ONE cartoon showing a female bottom being smacked: The
famous "Flintstones" episode where Wilma and Betty disguise themselves as
men and try to infiltrate their husbands' fraternity lodge, only to find
that they have to be paddled and initiated! Some pretty good scenes,
including one of Wilma rubbing her sore bottom at the fadeout. But that's
about all, for females being spanked in classic cartoons.

I understand that the basic reason why males get spanked in cartoons, and
females don't, is because children watch cartoons. The reasoning is this:
Males getting spanked is funny; females getting spanked is sexy. As a
father of three, I don't necessarily disagree with that assessment, even
though personally I'd prefer seeing females on the receiving end any day.

Dan N.
Yurassis Dragon
2004-04-05 04:54:37 UTC
Post by daneldorado
I understand that the basic reason why males get spanked in cartoons, and
females don't, is because children watch cartoons. The reasoning is this:
Males getting spanked is funny; females getting spanked is sexy. <<<
Prior to 1960, both males and females were spanked in comics. In the 1960s,
the feminist movement decided that m/f spanking was sex abuse, regardless of
the ages of the people involved.

Papa

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit
violence on those who would do us harm - George Orwell
Pablo
2004-04-05 08:13:41 UTC
Post by Yurassis Dragon
Post by daneldorado
I understand that the basic reason why males get spanked
in cartoons, and females don't, is because children watch
cartoons. The reasoning is this: Males getting spanked is
funny; females getting spanked is sexy.
Prior to 1960, both males and females were spanked in comics.
The British comics I grew with in the '70s (Beano, Dandy,
et al.) were *full* of kids of both sexes being spanked:
Dennis the Menace, Roger the Dodger, The Bash Street Kids,
Minnie the Minx, Beryl the Peril and so on. They were my
first spanko porn, though I didn't realise it at the time.
Spanking was a big part of the parent/child and teacher/
pupil dynamic in them.

Looking through a bookshop in the north of England last
summer, I found old annuals of these strips that showed
that it continued well into the 1980s, by which time it
was way anachronistic for both boys and girls. I bought a
couple of them for a friend, and hope that she liked them.

Pab.
Katharine164
2004-04-05 13:31:26 UTC
The spankings in cartoons always really upset me when I was a kid. They were
almost always unfairly given and provoked terrible memories in me.

I have never found the spanking of children (even children animals, even
animated) to be the least bit erotic or entertaining. To me is just seems
cruel.

I didn't like it when Ricky spanked Lucy, either, because I always felt he was
being a bully.

I think nonconsensual boths me in general.

Katharine
Molly B
2004-04-05 13:55:22 UTC
Post by Yurassis Dragon
Prior to 1960, both males and females were spanked in comics. In the 1960s,
the feminist movement decided that m/f spanking was sex abuse, regardless of
the ages of the people involved.
I really should know better than to reply to this, but I
can't help myself this AM.

Where on earth do you get this stuff?

There is no monolithic feminist movement, nor was there one
in the 1960's. There are feminists who see SM as a problem,
and the issue has been divisive, but the notorious argument
over SM is from the '80's, not the '60's.

Sorry to disappoint anyone who was hoping for a Big Bad
Feminist Who Ruined Everyone's Fun and Can Be Blamed for
Everything.

Molly B
Pam
2004-04-05 15:40:36 UTC
Post by Katharine164
I think nonconsensual boths me in general.
Katharine
And yet it titillates me to no end. M/F that is. It is the kink of my kink.
:)

Pam

Remove my panties before responding.
Pam
2004-04-05 15:42:28 UTC
Post by Molly B
Sorry to disappoint anyone who was hoping for a Big Bad
Feminist Who Ruined Everyone's Fun and Can Be Blamed for
Everything.
Molly B
There isn't? Damn. It is sort of like being able to blame one's parents for
everything. :)

But in my opinion only, BEING a feminist is what opens up the ability to
embrace what we enjoy instead of being horrified by it. I can get spanked
BECAUSE of the feminists before me. It gives me a choice.

Again, my opinion.

ashleigh lauren
2004-04-05 16:43:02 UTC
i remember seeing a Popeye cartoon when i was younger where Popeye
spanks his nephews. the boys end up turning around and spanking him.
i was probably about 6 at the time, and i really enjoyed it, but i
felt vaguely guilty for liking it. i don't think that i realized why
at the time. has anyone else seen this cartoon? Popeye puts the boys
over his lap stacked one on top the other, spanks the topmost one, and
it travels down.
ashleigh
Yurassis Dragon
2004-04-05 19:51:32 UTC
There is no monolithic feminist movement, nor was there one in the
1960's.<<<
Never said there was one.
There are feminists who see SM as a problem, and the issue has been
divisive, but the notorious argument over SM is from the '80's, not the
'60's.<<<
Perhaps, but I remember M/F spanking in comics from the 40s and 50s, but not
from the late 60s. Sometimes I do get decades confused, maybe I should have
said "After the 1960s."

But there was protest by some elements of the feminist movement in the 1970s as
well as the 80s.
Sorry to disappoint anyone who was hoping for a Big Bad Feminist Who Ruined
Everyone's Fun and Can Be Blamed for
Everything.<<<
I don't blame feminists for "Everything."
I am quite sure they had nothing to do with the sinking of the Andrea Doria,
the Loma Priata earthquake or the Ebola epidemic.

But they HAVE had an influence on what is being published in US comics and what
is shown on TV.

Mija
2004-04-05 20:22:13 UTC
Post by Molly B
Post by Yurassis Dragon
Prior to 1960, both males and females were spanked in comics. In the 1960s,
the feminist movement decided that m/f spanking was sex abuse, regardless of
the ages of the people involved.
Where on earth do you get this stuff?
There is no monolithic feminist movement, nor was there one
in the 1960's. There are feminists who see SM as a problem,
and the issue has been divisive, but the notorious argument
over SM is from the '80's, not the '60's.
Amen to the above. Especially to pointing out the error
of the notion of there being any such thing as "the
feminist movement" (and that second wave feminism
produced very little prior to 1968.)

If there really was a change in the amount of spanking
in comics post 1960s, I would suspect it would more
likely to be a post-Spock sort of thing. Post 1970, it's
my impression that the spanking of children was far more
frowned upon by the medical and psychiatric communities
in the US.

Feminists didn't start talking about the issue of S/m or
"spanking" images at all for that matter until the early
1980s. And it was a topic of serious disagreement within
the communities.

Peace,

Mija - waving to Mz. B
Owl
2004-04-05 21:51:07 UTC
Post by Katharine164
The spankings in cartoons always really upset me when I was a kid. They were
almost always unfairly given and provoked terrible memories in me.
I have never found the spanking of children (even children animals, even
animated) to be the least bit erotic or entertaining. To me is just seems
cruel.
I didn't like it when Ricky spanked Lucy, either, because I always felt he was
being a bully.
I think nonconsensual boths me in general.
Katharine
I'm not into children getting spanked at all. It really bothers me
too... but at the same time, I just find the cartoons adorable. It's
not erotic or whatever when I see those cartoons, I just think they're
funny. I don't really think of animated cartoon figures as children.
The one I saw the other night was from the 1930's, and it was a
different time then.

Owl
Kessily
2004-04-05 23:08:45 UTC
<I didn't like it when Ricky spanked Lucy, either, because I always felt he was
being a bully.>

Seriously? I always felt like her Scheming would drive most men to beat the
shit out of her or leave her. I mean...she was obnoxious. I always thought he
was a great guy for forgiving her for all the stuff she did.
daneldorado
2004-04-06 02:21:59 UTC
Post by Mija
If there really was a change in the amount of spanking
in comics post 1960s, I would suspect it would more
likely to be a post-Spock sort of thing. Post 1970, it's
my impression that the spanking of children was far more
frowned upon by the medical and psychiatric communities
in the US.
Peace,
Mija - waving to Mz. B
Hi Mija... You post above was in answer to someone who was blaming the
femlibbers for the dearth of comic book spankings after about the mid-1960s.

I, too, believe that Angry Feminists brought about changes in our society;
just as the Civil Rights Movement in general (blacks, Latinos, Asians) did,
and all at about the same time. However one may feel about that movement,
we must admit that American society has changed because of it. Why would
you think that the feminist movement would not have had a major impact as
well?

HOWEVER... I agree with your point about the "post-Spock sort of thing." I
was a young father in the 1960s, I raised three (3) children, and whenever
it was necessary and they deserved it, I spanked them. One girl, two boys.
The spankings were fair, I think, and today all three (now grown) children
love me and respect me, and I them. My wife always agreed with the
punishments, though she usually let me handle that part. So I strongly
disagree with those who suggest that parental spankings are ALWAYS wrong.

I'm too busy these days to do a lot of research. But I would bet a week's
salary that, if reliable data is available and could be evaluated, a study
would find that the generations of children that grew up AFTER the 1960s,
did more pot, more coke and crack, and turned out more failures than
preceding generations who were subjected to parental discipline.

Yes, there ARE child abusers; and anyone who abuses a child should be hanged
by his/her thumbs until they die, as far as I'm concerned. They are vile,
disgusting excuses for human beings, and they have no right to live. But
please, folks, don't put parents who spank judiciously into that same boat.

Mija, I know full well that this group is not about parental spankings. I
know that and I appreciate it. But since you brought it up....

Dan N.
Owl
2004-04-06 07:53:34 UTC
Post by ashleigh lauren
i remember seeing a Popeye cartoon when i was younger where Popeye
spanks his nephews. the boys end up turning around and spanking him.
i was probably about 6 at the time, and i really enjoyed it, but i
felt vaguely guilty for liking it. i don't think that i realized why
at the time. has anyone else seen this cartoon? Popeye puts the boys
over his lap stacked one on top the other, spanks the topmost one, and
it travels down.
ashleigh
Do you know what this was called? What were the boys doing? I'm
trying to find it, but I'm not exactly sure what happens in the
storyline because most places don't mention the fact that the nephews
got s'ed.

Owl
Scarletdown
2004-04-06 07:55:56 UTC
Post by Mija
If there really was a change in the amount of spanking
in comics post 1960s, I would suspect it would more
likely to be a post-Spock sort of thing.
I don't recall any episodes where Mr. Spock administered any spankings.
However, I do remember Captain Kirk threatening to give some
spoiled-brat princess type a spanking...

Oh, not that Spock... <innocent grin>

-- Scarletdown
*** Too bad Scotty or Sulu never got to give Lt. M'ress a good paddling
(animated series) ***
Scarletdown
2004-04-06 08:12:43 UTC
Post by Owl
Post by ashleigh lauren
i remember seeing a Popeye cartoon when i was younger where Popeye
spanks his nephews. the boys end up turning around and spanking him.
i was probably about 6 at the time, and i really enjoyed it, but i
felt vaguely guilty for liking it. i don't think that i realized why
at the time. has anyone else seen this cartoon? Popeye puts the boys
over his lap stacked one on top the other, spanks the topmost one, and
it travels down.
ashleigh
Do you know what this was called? What were the boys doing? I'm
trying to find it, but I'm not exactly sure what happens in the
storyline because most places don't mention the fact that the nephews
got s'ed.
I remember that episode. That was one of the funniest spanking scenes
ever. As for what the boys were doing? I _think_ that they were
playing around when they were supposed to be going to bed. But don't
quote me on that one (unless I'm right), since I've only seen that one
once.

-- Scarletdown
(Spamfoil in place. Lift MYTAILFEATHERS to reply via email.)

Page 1 of 2